Delta Delta Omega Chapter
The East St. Louis Alumnae Chapter (Delta Delta Omega) of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, was chartered May 25, 1946. A small group of graduate members, having experienced and enjoyed the sisterhood as undergraduate members, were interested in establishing a graduate chapter in East St. Louis, IL. Though they encountered some difficulty because of the proximity of the city to St. Louis, MO and its chapter (Gamma Omega), members were persistent and the Directorate finally gave its approval and granted a charter.
With the establishment of the East St. Louis Residence Center of Southern Illinois University in 1959, Delta Delta Omega became interested in chartering an undergraduate chapter. Mixed chapter status was granted at the 1966 Boule and seven (7) young ladies became members of the Ivy Leaf Club on January 15, 1967. With the continuous interest and growth of the undergraduate members, Delta Delta Omega applied for and received approval for an Undergraduate City Chapter at the 1968 Boule. Epsilon Iota chapter, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, was chartered in 1969. Delta Delta Omega maintains a significant presence and continues to be a major influence in the East St. Louis community.
As we near 75 years of service, we thank all of our members for their hard work, loyal commitment and sincere dedication while Exemplifying Excellence Through Sustainable Service.
- Thelma Barnes Blackwell*- Recording Secretary
- Ruth Brinkley Brown*- Vice-President
- Katherine Floyd Fagen*-Parliamentarian
- Johnetta Randolph Haley-Reporter
- Beatrice Burson Miller*-President
- Iona Fiddler Reed*-Reporter
- Anita Mae Wallace*-Corresponding Secretary
- Beatrice Burson Miller* 1946
- Ruth Brinkley Brown* 1947
- Iona Fiddler Reed* 1948-1949
- Evelyn Moore* 1950-1951
Former International Officers
Peggy Lewis LeCompte
- Central Regional Director 1978-1982
- International Recording Secretary 1982-1986
- Acting Central Regional Director 1985-1986
- Central Regional Director 1997-1998
Kathy Walker Steele
- Central Regional Director 2015-2018