Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha and I would like to visit a DDO Chapter meeting – when are the meetings held?
Delta Delta Omega Chapter holds its meetings every third Saturday of the month at 11:00 am.
Alpha Kappa Alpha members visiting Delta Delta Omega chapter meetings must adhere to the following guidelines:
Bring a State-Issued Photo Identification and documentation of their membership.
Documentation includes, but is not limited to the following:
– Membership Card
– Membership Certificate
– Letter from Corporate Office on letterhead
– Letter from Undergraduate Chapter on letterhead
– Letter from Graduate Chapter on letterhead
– Transfer Verification Form
Visiting members will be asked to indicate if they are a guest of a current chapter member when they sign in and to verbally state the chapter in which they were initiated, the region and the city and state.
Business attire (no jeans, sweatpants, sweatsuits, t-shirts, paraphernalia, flip flops or tennis shoes) is required for chapter meetings.
2. What are membership dues for Delta Delta Omega Chapter?
Dues vary depending on your current membership status. To find out your exact payment, please email our chapter’s Finance Committee
3. What do I need to do to transfer or reactivate my membership into Delta Delta Omega Chapter?
We encourage sisterly participation, so we welcome you! Please contact us so that we can give you a personal invitation to our monthly chapter meeting.
Before transferring membership from one chapter to another, you must obtain clearance from your former chapter. The Transfer and Reactivation forms can be found on www.aka1908.com. Please have the President and Treasurer of the last chapter you were affiliated with to complete the form and return the original to you. We encourage you to bring the completed form to our next chapter meeting. Please make sure you keep a copy for your records.
Before transferring your status as a General Member to a member of our chapter, you must obtain clearance from the Alpha Kappa Alpha Corporate Office.
When you join us at one of our chapter meetings, you will be welcomed with sisterly love and helped through the transfer or reactivation process.
4. How do I become a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated?
Graduate chapters do not accept letters of interest. Membership is by invitation only. Women seeking membership should visit the International Website at www.aka1908.com for more information regarding the sorority and qualifications for membership.
5. Who do I contact for more information on Delta Delta Omega Chapter?
Please contact our chapter’s Membership Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be able to answer all membership questions you have. You can also contact the Chapter President at email@example.com.